Presentations by Sheila Tobias
Sheila Tobias speaks on the following topics:
- Fostering Creativity in the Science/Math Classroom
- Math Anxiety: They beat it. So can You.
- Math Anxiety: Why is a Smart Girl Like You Still Counting on your Fingers?
- Science Teaching as a Profession: Why it isn't. How it Could be.
- Teacher Accountability vs. Teacher Autonomy: Must we Choose?
- The Classroom of Future: Models for Multidisciplinary Training
- The Future of Feminism: Lessons from our Past
- The Hidden Curriculum: Faculty-Made Tests in College Science
- The Science-Trained Professional: A New Breed for the New Century
- They're not Dumb, They're Different: Stalking the Second Tier
- What Makes Science Hard? Note: Linked page includes downloadable MP3 file of a lecture on this topic.
- Women in Science, Women and Science: End-running the Crowd or The Problem of Women in Science: Why is it so Hard to Convince People There is One?
- Women and STEM: The Professional Science Master's - Changing Lives and Careers Note: This link goes to a PDF version of the program from a recent event.